Subject: Re: can not find any hard disk
To: Martin <Mantenna@t-online.de>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 21:36:57
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Martin wrote:

> After i boot from the cd i select "Install NetBSD to hard disk" and
> get this Message:
> "I can not find any hard disk for use by NetBSD".
> The disk is the original 6 GB.

	Are you booting boot.fs or netbsd.ram.gz? Boot.fs probably doesn't
have the IDE controller support compiled in.

> I heard that some of the first G3 Pro shipped with buggy IDE
> controllers could that be the reason for the above described problem ?

	Yes, there were data corruption problems with certain
configurations under MacOS and unpredictable results when you have a slave
IDE drive (which you shouldn't). I don't think any of those affect NetBSD
though.

	Chris