Subject: RE: pcmcia/cardbus support
To: None <>
From: Greg Kritsch <greg@evertz.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 19:08:57
My attempts to execute simple "AT" commands result in utter silence from the
modem.  I suppose that could be flow control lines, but somehow I doubt it.
Of course, I'm blindly assuming the modem is "Hayes compatible".

I understand there is an interrupt latency issue which relates to ppp.
People should not assume that this explains all network and serial port
problems.  As I understand it, the problem is with soft interrupt delivery.
This does not affect "normal" usage, it ONLY affects kernel implemented ppp.
Has anyone tried running a userland ppp implementation?

Gregory