Subject: 9600/200 woes...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruno Barwise <font_man@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2001 14:52:51
hello...

I'm having an awful trying to get netBSD 1.5 onto my PowerMac 9600/200.  I
have read the FAQ, the install notes, the model support page footnotes, the
OF utilities user manuals, etc, etc....

But there was absolutely no way of getting the ppc to default to the screen
to output.  Therefore i tried booting to a serial console.  I used Zterm
from a 4400, but it crashed!!!  There was a never ending stream of  "C^c"
until the 4400 crashed..... AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH.  I have no idea what is
going on.

Can anyone help?
Another thing i wanted to know was if I boot using a serial console to
install netBSD, would I then have to use a serial console every time i want
to use netBSD?  the problem is that the 4400 is used by my sister o type her
letters and so on, so if i keep it she might not be too pleased..... :-(

ok,  thanx in advance
bruno barwise