Subject: Some more on MacOS X Filesystem Interoperability
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/18/2001 10:54:07
Under MacOS X:  newfs_msdos -F 16 creates a filesystem that seems to
work fine under the 1.5.1 installer.

newfs -O creates an "old" format ffs filesystem that is close enough
that fsck under the 1.5.1 installer can convert it without a lot of
complaints, but when I go back to MacOS X it no longer recognizes it
as "old" and won't fsck it without complaining about the directory
sizes.  It will mount it without *obvious* problems so read-only
access is probably reasonable.

Under OF 3 you can't boot from a msdos (FAT 16) filesystem partition on disk.

Cross my heart, strike me dead, stick a lobster on my head.
John Crichton -- Farscape, 6/15/01