Subject: Re: New floppy writing weirdness.
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/17/2001 15:09:40
On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:58:33AM -0700, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> Do you know what file and creator types it wants? If so, I can create
> a little AppleScript applet to change a file to whatever those are.

So can I. What's your point?

If we're going to do this (the only point of which I see being more
newbie friendly), the boot.fs downloaded from ftp.netbsd.org in
binary mode should already have the file type and creator set
properly. So far as I know, you can go munging MacOS forks under
NetBSD (maybe if you write the file to an AppleDouble archive?),
and you'll lose them when you put it on one, so making a release
for macppc could involve some manual resource fork changing (uh,
or an AppleScript, though this is mind-numbingly easy in ResEdit)
and then providing a StuffIt-compressed version of boot.fs.

I don't recall the correct file type/creator code, but they're on
mail-archive.netbsd.org by now, earlier in this thread.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net