Subject: imac summer 2000 with 1.5
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tom Winchester <tom.winchester@internode.on.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2001 23:58:08
Hi there.

I just noticed that the list of supported models for netbsd-macppc does
not include the imac summer 2000 model.

I find it strange that no one else has reported a succesful boot for
this model, but I have been running it since mid-march on my machine. So
I thought I'd better report it to you good people.

I am still trying to get the internal modem to work, but everything else
seems OK.

I did try to get XFree86-4-0-1 to work from the binaries mentioned in
the usual mailing lists, but the chip for the imac summer 2001 is not
supported; I think 4-0-2 or greater is needed.

Keep up the good work.

Tom Winchester.