Subject: Re: Beige G3 - OF 2.4 - can it be done?
To: Donald Lee <donlee@icompute.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2001 23:59:59
At 8:42 AM -0500 7/10/01, Donald Lee wrote:

:)>	That's because you can't boot HFS on old world machines. It only
:)>knows how to load from ISO-9660 an MS-DOS floppy (which won't work on your
:)>machine) or the raw disk (`boot ide0/@0:0')
:)
:)This is at variance with some of the information on MW's docs,
:)which sometimes groups OF 2.4 with the OF 3 machines.

That's because I base my docs on what people post here -- I have no direct
experience with any OF 2.0.x or 2.4 machines, only 1.0.5 and 3.  Various
people have claimed that OF 2.4 supports booting from HFS partitions, but
not floppies, so that's what I put in the docs.

If it's wrong, please tell me.

  -- MW