Subject: Re: 1.5.1 questions
To: JHS <jeff@omnia.praeclara.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2001 18:14:03
On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:22:43PM -0500, JHS wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Gabriel.
> I have to use a serial console because the built-in video is not
> supported.
> So I commented out that line in /etc/ttys
>
> Now I still get stuck:
> Starting inetd.
> Starting cron.
> Tue Jul 10 07:17:48 PDT 2001
>
> And it just freezes there.  it's not really frozen:  I can type
> 'Return' and it does.
> But nothing further happens.
>
> Any other ideas?

Oh, uh. Maybe commenting the line's not such a good idea. In fact,
take that out, I was completely confused.

Instead, boot single user and try this:

cd /dev && sh ./MAKEDEV all

If that fixes it, this was supposed to have been fixed by now...
or was that mac68k?

Regardless, give it a shot. If that doesn't work I'm going to have
to go back and reread your last message when it hits mail-index.netbsd.org
(or bounce me a copy privately).

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net