Subject: Re: DiskCopy to make NetBSD Disks
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/09/2001 05:21:26
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 09:30:26PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> OK, that makes me feel better.  Could you try the MacOS 8 machine just to
> make sure I'm not crazy?

Um... I'd like to, but it's at Swarthmore College in Philadelphia
and I'm about to go to New York for two days.

Can it wait till Wednesday?

> I doubt it's an extension.  It probably has more to do with Apple changing
> a lot of the filesystem stuff between 8 and 9 (such as how to reference
> files, number of open files, nativizing more fs-base stuff, and the like).
> It doesn't actually know about the filesystem on the floppy, but it does
> seem more willing to deal with a disk image that is not partitioned
> properly for MacOS.

Right, right. That's about what I was thinking. I was just hoping
that this was something Apple kept outside System or Finder, but I
don't think there's much reason they would.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net