Subject: Re: Booting new laptops (Was Re: OF boot string (Re: 1.5.1_BETA2
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/04/2001 18:25:13
At 2:51 PM -0500 7/4/01, Bob Nestor wrote:

:)There are (or were) problems with ADB and USB on some early model iMacs
:)and B&W G3s.  I notice the current documentation indicates the problems
:)with the iMacs is fixed in 1.5.1 and at least one user with an early
:)model B&W G3 has reported success with 1.5.1.

OK, I finally got around to updating the webpages.  It'll take about an
hour to propagate to www.netbsd.org.  Take a look and let me know if I've
got it right.

Also, since you're a developer, you should feel free to add things like
this to the webpages/install notes, since you're the most knowledgable
about this particular problem.

:)Obviously this doesn't work on systems like the iMac because it doesn't
:)have ADB capability.

Actually, ISTR that the first generation iMacs had ADB connectors on their
motherboards (presumably for debugging).

:)Agreed, just don't expect it to be all that successful.  Incorrect
:)information, especially when related to NetBSD installation, lives
:)forever

Yeah, I've noticed that too.  Theoretically, when there's an important
change, we could mail all the search engines to remove old versions from
their caches.  Simplicity itself!

  -- MW