Subject: Re: MESH problem
To: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/02/2001 22:07:09
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Martin J. Laubach wrote:

> |  Connected to scorpius.mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de.
> |  Escape character is '^]'.
> | =20
> |  but "login:" doesn't appear.
>=20
>   This is usually due to incorrect DNS config. If you wait a while
> (a minute or so), the login prompt should appear anyway.

I don't think so because all systems are using the same DNS server which
is a reliable Sun.
In fact this happened only two times until today and only with the macppc
system.
If my memory is right when this happened the first time I waited for an
hour before rebooting the machine.

=09Regards
=09J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg