Subject: Re: FWB JackHammer PCI UltraSCSI interface
To: None <askarzy2@csc.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/29/2001 09:03:56
Erik got me dmesg output- but not with booting verbose- not much to say
except 'Ram Checksum Failure'. Make sure ISP_LOGCONFIG and ISP_LOGINFO
is set in isp_pci.c so you can get decent info.

Y'all might try:

a) Not downloading firmware (ISP_CFG_NORELOAD)- will it run with
resident f/w at all?

b) Try partially seting MTR to 0x1313, as in

		 while (ISP_READ(isp, RISC_MTR) != 0x1313) {
                                ISP_WRITE(isp, RISC_MTR, 0x1313);
                               ISP_WRITE(isp, HCCR, HCCR_CMD_STEP);
                }

Could hang your system...

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 askarzy2@csc.com wrote:

> Well, the ISP 1020 (I need to confirm the part number, as I am still at
> work.. ), is on the FWB, JackHammer PCI card. I am using it in SCSI-3
> ultrawide mode with wide devices connected. Works fine with MacOS 9.1,
> however, that would be expected.

A 1020A or B should never ever ever be used in UltraMode. If it claims
to be doing this, then it can't be a 1020.