Subject: Re: Installation Question (fwd)
To: None <mark_arseneau@hotmail.com, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/2001 09:22:56
On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 02:15:41PM -0500, Reed Shadgett wrote:
> I have an additional question now though... While I can now boot to the
> floppy at 0 I'm unable to load the installer... I know I must be doing
> something wrong.. I'm trying to run the installer from cd... I think the
> problem would be that I don't know how to specify where to find the
> installer... any ideas? or where i can find the information (i've already
> been through the FAQ and the installer guide...)

It's mighty unclear what's actually going on here.

Is this person trying to boot off of a floppy? Off of a CD? By "run
the installer from cd" does he mean "boot from a kernel on a CD,"
"execute a copy of sysinst located on a CD having booted from a
kernel on a floppy," or "execute a copy of sysinst on a floppy
reading files from a CD"?

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net