Subject: Re: NetBSD on tibook (firmware updated)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Samuel Lellouche <sam@omatis.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/19/2001 15:36:02
--=_IS_MIME_Boundary

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:51:41AM +0000, Samuel Lellouche wrote:
> > Any news about running NetBSD on tibook with firmware upgrade... ?
> >
> > Has anyone looked into the problem ?
>
> I expect this is something that can't be figured out unless the one
> doing the figuring happens to have both an unpatched and a patched
> tibook to compare the OF tree.
>
> No chance you've got that, is there?
>
> I've only got access to a single tibook (which isn't mine anyhow). I
> would doubt that any real developer's situation is much better.
>
> --
>        ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

I upgraded my tibook's firmware "by mistake", and now it doenst boot
NetBSD anymore...
I can have someone lending me an unpatched one but not for long, and i'm
in Paris france ...

I can make some tests and send them back to the core developpers, if it
helps..

--
Samuel Lellouche - Omatis
Expert Systèmes, réseaux et securité