Subject: Re: Success story with Sonnet Tempo Ultra ATA 66 and macppc-current
To: None <monroe@pobox.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/15/2001 21:44:56
In article <B74F1083.14096%monroe@pobox.com>
monroe@pobox.com wrote:

> I see from the CVS logs that the ACARD support in the pciide driver is
> disabled in GENERIC because someone was having trouble with it on macppc.
> Does my datapoint mean that these problems might have gone away?

No, it might still have some problems on macppc.

I have the I/O DATA UIDE-66 (which is an OEM of the Acard AEC-6260)
for the PCs. (i.e. it does not have Openfirmware for macppc.)

The card works fine on i386 with any drivers, but when I put
the card on macppc, some drives does not work.
All UDMA drives works fine, but drives which supports only MDMA
does not work at all. On the other hand, UDMA drives work with MDMA mode.
I also got a report that the Tempo card (which has Openfirmware)
does not work if UDMA is enabled (only MDMA transfer works).

As I noted the cvs log, some more initialization might be needed
but there is no information about the card. sigh..
(Linux acard driver seems working only on i386, too)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp