Subject: Re: using a serial connection was Re: from the I ...
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/09/2001 11:34:26
On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 12:52:30AM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> on 6/8/01 9:26 PM, josh@ssimr.com at josh@ssimr.com wrote:
>
> > How can I start the machine?
> >
> > With the PowerMacintosh 6500/300 I don't have a power switch, except
> > for the power key on the keyboard. I am wondering if there is someway
> > I can turn the machine back on, if I should happen to turn it off or
> > lose power. It seems that there must be some way, or why would the
> > machine be designed to work through the serial port if the only way to
> > turn it on is with the keyboard.
>
>     Are you absolutely sure that there is no power switch? I thought there
> was a small plastic button built into the back of the case, about 1/4"
> diameter in the upper corner.

Oh my!! Yes there is a tiny little power switch there. It is writer
next to the connection for the monitory near the top in the upper left
corner ,if your facing the back of the case, it is a round plastic
protuberatnce 5mm in diameter.

And now I'm really embarrassed because it is covered in the first
pages of the manual. Apple calls it the stanby power button - the
manual says to use it if the machine comes on before your ready when
setting it up.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com