Subject: audio routing
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel.Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/03/2001 04:13:12
Hi all

I am now enjoying xfree 4 and xmms on my G4  :-))

the macintosh is plugged to my SONY amp.
Using MacOS or just when booting (the boot sound...), the sound
automagically stop going tothe internal speaker and go hit the external
amp. Surprinsingly, netbsd doesn't care about that at all ;-)
I get it all through the internal speaker.
Does anyone have some clue getting the sound its right way ?

I have another little problem with Xfree 4
(BTW Thank you Michael Wolfson for giving me you XF86Config !)

more problems in fact :

- in 16/24bits depth : the screen is OK but do some jittering at the right
part of it. i don't where it could come from (modelines ? (but what is
modelines ??))

- the us kbd layout don't have the "character x used in 'cd x' to get to
your home dir" I don't know its keysymb value  : can someone give it to me
?

- i'd like to use a french kbd layout but "Options "XkbLayout" "fr"" does
not work...(got a terrific mapping) any idea ?

- xfree happens to completely freeze some times, so I just have to do a
HARD REBOOT :-( is there some magical keys to kill xfree (on macintosh
with xfree 4) ? Any other idea to avoid this ?

TIA,

--
Samuel.