Subject: chaging slow text mode [was RFC: 1.5.1 release notes]
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel Hornus <Samuel.Hornus@crans.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/15/2001 19:25:41
Le mardi 15 mai 2001, =E0 06:12, Samuel Hornus a =E9crit :

> I'm tired now caus' no sleep during that night (i'm in France)
> I'll get some sleep now. then try a fresh install (restarting from
> MacOS9 partitioning) and let you know... but the segfault is really=20
> strange.

Re-install and the segfalut disappeared :-)
I have noticed that the 'text mode' used when booted on boot.fs
is diffrerent and *faster* than the one used in normal booting after=20
install the OS,
which is horribly slow.
Is there a way to get the installed OS have a 'text mode' the same as=20
boot.fs ?
I haven't been 'deep' into configuring X. But perhaps you may have some=20=

advice
about running X on a G4 AGP ?
BTW, does the Xserver now support for more than 256 colors ?

Thanks,

--
Samuel Hornus