Subject: Re: netbsd on Titanium
To: None <louis@geneura.ugr.es>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2001 16:02:22

    Louis> I want to know if someone manages to install netbsd (1.5 or
    Louis> 1.5.1b) on the titanium machine.

-current is the one I managed it with.

    Louis> And if it works what was the procedure. I burnt a cd but I
    Louis> can't boot from it and I didn't mamaged tio install it.

First: You need OF 3...; it doesn't seem to work with OF 4... (Apple's
firmware patch).

Starting with

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2001/03/24/0004.html

there are already some quite helpful install instructions.

After separating a netbsd partition as a/ux I could boot a special
netbsd.titanium kernel

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2001/03/12/0003.html

and an minimum userland bin's and dev's (last snapshot) over
network/nfs.

Install is not a very smooth thing, yet, but my tibook work's very
stable now!

Markus.