Subject: kernel panic on write to disk in install
To: netbsd-port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/05/2001 17:48:40
Hi,

I have been experiencing kernel panics when writing to the
default Apple hard drive in 8600's and 9500's.

On download of the tarballs from ftp, and on extraction of
them to the partitions. Sometimes pax will come up with `invalid
header - searching .. ' or somesuch..

Could this all be related to SCSI termination problems? If it is
then then the hdd's on-board scsi terminator is dysfunctional.
How do others install on these machines?

I hope to try a properly terminated scsi device later this week.

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia
 http://rubberduck.com/    PGP preferred