Subject: Open Firmware problems with the cd/dvd and other stuff
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, darwin-development@lists.apple.com>
From: Louis Foucart <louis@geneura.ugr.es>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2001 18:43:28
Hi,

 I am a bit annoyed after some manipulations with Open Firmware on my
Titanium. I didn't do so much things, some access to devices, few
keywords (nextblock..., I hope it is just to read data). But now each
time I restart or when it wakes up, I heard a little sound from the
cd/dvd drive, as it turns a bit. There is no cd/dvd in the driver.
How can I resolve this ? What are the commands to reset everything
(nvram...), that is to come back to the manufacturer settings ?

Another question is that I noticed three strange env variables
(printenv) :
medusa  true
snakebitecpu1   failed
snakebitecpu0   passed

all the values are coded in a strange way (two numbers for each letter
from 30 or sometthing like this).

What are they for ? The problem is that after a reset (nvram or pram I
think), these values desappeared. I don't remember these variables were
berfore or after some manipulation with System Disk, Drive Setup. Can
anyone tell me if they are standard (manufacturer or software) ?

Thank you for your attention,

Louis.