Subject: Re: COMPAT_LINUX?
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@tpgi.com.au>
From: Erik Bertelsen <ebe-list@get2net.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2001 07:37:25
At 18:53 -0400 24/04/01, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I think I've configured the kernel for running linux/ppc binaries such
>as communicator:
>
>$ grep COMPAT_LINUX *.[hc]
>opt_compat_linux.h:#define      COMPAT_LINUX    1
>$ grep COMPAT_LINUX ../../conf/NETLUX
>options         COMPAT_LINUX
>$
>
>but it doesn't appear to work:
>
>$ communicator
>/usr/pkg/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator: 1: Syntax error: "("
>unexpected
>$ /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator
>bash: /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator: cannot execute binary
>file

This was my experience as well. Check that you have /emul/linux, possibly
as a soft link to /usr/pkg/emul/linux.

I read that the linuxppc_lib pkg was updated a few days ago to create the
appropriate links automatically, so one solution should be to reinstall
the linux pkg from an updated pkgsrc.

- Erik