Subject: Re: Kernel startup and entry vectors
To: Louis Gerbarg <gerbal@cs.rpi.edu>
From: Dan Winship <danw@ximian.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2001 03:37:33
> 1. Where exactly is your equivalent of head.s/start.s
> 2. What is your kernel's current entry point

__start in sys/arch/macppc/macppc/locore.S

You might also find sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot/ interesting (that's
the current booter).

> 3. Are there multiple entry points

Nope

> 4. Does the kernel expect to be in real-mode on entry

Blah. Haven't looked at low-level ppc stuff in too long. Does "real
mode" mean no memory mapping? If so, then yes.

> 5. Does the kernel expect OF to quietsce before entry

No.

> 6. What exactly does your FFS look like (4.2BSD? Apple's is a derivative
> of 4.4BSD)

4.4ish. (I don't know more than that...)

-- Dan