Subject: Kernel startup and entry vectors
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Gerbarg <gerbal@cs.rpi.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/2001 13:14:04
Hi. I am a bit new to this list. I am not a NetBSD user, but I am a
committer on the Darwin project. I do some work on the bootloader, and am
looking at adding NetBSD support to it when I get some free time in the
next few weeks. I spent sometime poking around your sourcetree, but I have
to concede I am not entirely familiar with the layout. I have a few
questions, and if someone could either answer them, or point me at the
right place I would appreciate it.

1. Where exactly is your equivalent of head.s/start.s
2. What is your kernel's current entry point
3. Are there multiple entry points
4. Does the kernel expect to be in real-mode on entry
5. Does the kernel expect OF to quietsce before entry
6. What exactly does your FFS look like (4.2BSD? Apple's is a derivative
of 4.4BSD)

Thanks.

Louis