Subject: recieve ring overun on ftp install?
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/21/2001 13:11:33
So I found that the local Sears was dumping iMacs and I didn't need my
6500/300 to run MacOS anymore. I go to install NetBSD. I create a copy
of the installation floppy (using rawrite with Softwindows) and
everything seems to be going OK.

When I tell the install program to get the distro using ftp it keeps
on giving me "lp0: recieve ring overun" or "tlp0: recieve ring
overrun" messages repeatedly. The ftp program definitely connected to
the NetBSD server and displayed the splash screen. I don't know if the
downloads are succeeding or failing. (I'm writing from another machine
as it progresses) I see those messages and two columns of numbers
along with "ETA" on the screen. Is this something that it can recover
from. Can someone tell me what is happening?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com