Subject: Re: Newbie seeking basic understanding
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/17/2001 00:25:02
At 8:32 AM +0200 4/17/01, you wrote:

:)Please couldn't you put huge attachments like this on an FTP or Web site,
:)and just give the URL ?
:)
:)Not every poeple have a T1 (or at least ISDN) at home.

Sorry about that.  My past experience has been that people are far too lazy
to click  a link like that.

When I post only a link, I get zero responses.  When I post the file, I get
around 10 "looks good" and maybe four useful constructive comments.  Once
it's released, I get a gazillion messages saying "why didn't you write it
like this".

I do, however, apologize for posting it twice.  I thought I had sent the
first one by private mail only (not to the list).

Next time, I'll gzip it (44 KB).

  -- MW