Subject: G3 keyboard again
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/14/2001 21:08:08
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but just in case ....

Has anyone made any progress on the ADB or USB support for the early B&W
G3 systems lately?

A fairly recent -current version doesn't recognize either keyboard.
Christian Groessler worked up a quick hack to re-enable the keyboard on
his G3 and he kindly made it available for me to test with.  On my system
it recognized the USB keyboard when prompting for the root device and
even accepted input but generated the message:

 "ohci_intr: ignored interrupt while polling"

for every keystroke.  When it finally got to the prompt:

 "Enter pathname of shell ..."

the keyboard was dead again.

I'm willing to test things but I'm dead in the water for building test
kernels.  Anyone got some ideas or suggestions?

thanks,
-bob