Subject: Re: supported NICs
To: None <bzeller@hds.harvard.edu>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/13/2001 16:10:13
In article <3A367A0F@draco.hds.harvard.edu> you write:
>I'm going to be setting up on old 8500 as a proxy server in a week or so
>and am about to go shopping on eBay for a second NIC.  The FAQ is a little
>vague about supported NICs, stating that any "Tulip-compatible, 3Com, and
>NE2000-compatible PCI cards (de, ep, and ne drivers)" would work -- is that
>all?  The Machine-independent PCI drivers would seem to indicate that a lot
>more PCI NICs are supported.

Well, I can tell you that my old Intel card works fine, and I suspect
that'll apply to all cards handled by the "fxp" driver:

fxp0 at pci1 dev 15 function 0: Intel i82557 Ethernet, rev 1
fxp0: interrupting at irq 29
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:a0:c9:10:93:53, 10 Mb/s
fxp0: Seeq 80c24 AutoDUPLEX media interface present