Subject: Re: supported NICs
To: Ben Zeller <bzeller@hds.harvard.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/13/2001 11:02:42
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 10:26:08AM -0400, Ben Zeller wrote:
> I'm going to be setting up on old 8500 as a proxy server in a week or so and
> am about to go shopping on eBay for a second NIC.  The FAQ is a little vague
> about supported NICs, stating that any "Tulip-compatible, 3Com, and
> NE2000-compatible
> PCI cards (de, ep, and ne drivers)" would work -- is that all?

The Netgear FA-311 cards with the NS83815 controller should work well
with -current or with 1.5.1_BETA and the if_sip driver.  It looks like
that's configured in GENERIC.  Those are pretty cheap even when they're
new...  ($15.49 at buy.com right now)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...