Subject: Re: Nubus
To: Bracken Spencer <bracken@custompcweb.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/05/2001 11:22:52
>Is there a Nubus port in the works? Anything we can expect anytime soon?

As far as I understand the problem, there are two issues:
- booting without OF
- handling nubus chipsets

The solution to the first problem might be to use a MacOS based booter, I
wonder how difficult this would be. Is it simplier to start from the BSD/mac68k
booter or from Linux yaBoot?

The later problem is about moving mac68k nubus support to some MI place in the
tree, and share iot between mac68k and macppc. I hve no idea how difficult this
is

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Pas de processeur Intel, pas de logiciel Microsoft: