Subject: B&W G3 keyboard problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2001 23:15:48
Hi,

when I use a PC type generic USB keyboard with my G3, it works fine.
When I use the keyboard from Apple which came with the machine, I've
got a problem:

After booting the first character typed repeats endlessly.

I was hinted to the following passage in the FAQ:

  USB keyboard problems (top)

          There is a problem in some kernels that causes the first
          keypress from a USB keyboard to be repeated over and over
          again. A symptom of this would be the install system
          continually asking "(I)nstall, (S)hell or (H)alt ?" To avoid
          this problem, press the shift key before anything else.

But if I press a shift key first after booting the keyboard won't
work at all.

This is with a -current from last week.

Is there anything I can check out or try in order to fix this?

regards,
chris