Subject: Re: Installing mysql from package
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Brodd <philip-brodd@uiowa.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2001 12:54:57
On 4/4/01 11:17 AM, "Bill Studenmund" <wrstuden@zembu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Phil Brodd wrote:
>
>> Now I've done it...  I had gotten an error when installing mysql-server
>> version 3.22.32.  Now I have updated my package collection in /usr/pkgsrc,
>> where I noticed there is a new version of mysql.
>>
>> Now I can't seem to deinstall version 3.22.32, because the newer version is
>> in pkgsrc.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of the old installation
>> now?
>
> ?? You should be able to deinstall the older version regardless of what's
> in pkgsrc.
>
> 1) (as root) pkg_delete mysql
>
> 2) (as anyone in group wheel) cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql; make
> deinstall ...

When I try, it says

===> Deinstalling for mysql-server-3.23.35nb1.

It's trying to deinstall the new version, which is not installed, leaving
all the 3.22.32 files untouched.

If I try to just install the new version, I get this:

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server
# make && make install
===> Installing for mysql-server-3.23.35nb1
cd: can't cd to /usr/pkgsrc/databases/mysql-server/work/mysql-3.23.35
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.