Subject: How does a snapshot relate to releases?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Lasse =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/06/2001 20:47:51
I have now had the extraordinary pleasure of installing NetBSD-1.5K on my iMac.
This is from the /pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20001125/ directory.
However, I am wondering which track this is from: is it -current (going to
be 1.6 one day?) or is it the 1.5.1 track, or what?

I wonder because I had so much trouble installing the "real" 1.5 release
stuff, although documentation claims that it works on my iMac. But perhaps
that should be qualified "for some appropriate definition of 'work'".

I am generally scared of snapshots because of this: I'd like to know a
little about what I am installing.

-Lasse