Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 an Sonnet PCI IDE Card?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/10/2001 20:32:09
> > either. Now from what I saw on Sonetts web site. This card *is* the
> > _exact_ same card that SIIG (www.siig.com) sells for Peecees for $30,
> > based on the Tripoint HPT 366 ATA/66 chip. If (I peeled off the SIIG
> > sticker and it says HPT/366)
>
> Oh, if it's a  HPT 366 we have a driver for it. It's just a matter of
> adding it to the table. See the patch attached at the end (you need to
> run a 'make -f Makefile.pcidevs' in sys/dev/pci before rebuilding kernel).

	Well that'll let me use my Tripoint 366 after boot, but I still
won't be able to boot from it *grr*, and the Sonnet controller is based on
a completely different chip than the SIIG (or so it would seem).

> Is your SIIG properly supported by NetBSD ?

	In i386 yes, but it wasn't recognized by Macppc (not suprisingly
considering it's a Peecee card).

	Chris