Subject: Re: 603e [Re: Install from zip?]
To: None <xephox@gmx.net>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2000 19:26:35
* xephox@gmx.net <xephox@gmx.net> menulis:

> In the meantime, I just wanted to know if I could ftp d/load
> NetBSD and install from the zip on a 603e powerpc.  I have no
> prior knowledge of the Macintosh with Unix (nor with Mac OS).

I'm not sure if that will work or not..what you will probably have to do
is to escape to a shell from sysinst, mount the zip disk manually, then
zip drive when it asks you which drive to install from.

> >From reading the Install I forsee some trouble, as for a start,

That means that Open Firmware is set to use the serial port for
input/output, see
<http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-boot-serial> to fix
that.

--
cliff crawford   http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                "Blink your eyelids periodically to lubricate your eyes."