Subject: another question on Sonnet PCI IDE Card...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2000 08:23:53
hello Manuel,

on your last post you told me "See the patch attached at the end (you need
to run a 'make -f Makefile.pcidevs' in sys/dev/pci before rebuilding
kernel)."
i am sorry but this is a bit confusing to me. what do i do with the patch?
do i have to run it before doing the 'make -f ....'? and if so, how do i do
this? i hope this is not a really stupid question...  :)
i noticed that there are a whole bunch of pciide controller in
src/sys/dev/pci, wouldnt it be possible to add all of them and see if anyone
of them configures the card? if i can do some testing to maybe figure this
out for future support of this card i'd be happy to do this. i also emailed
sonnet and asked them for more info on the chipset, but no answer sofar.

-Jojo