Subject: Spam vulnerability, and partition questions
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: CDE Francis <fuy@jhu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/08/2000 12:21:07

At 11:13 PM +0900 2000/12/08, Noriyuki Soda wrote:
>I've added contents filter which blocks any message including
>the following string (case insensitive):

Blocking one particular free site isn't a long term solution.
  I've already reported ronen46 to the Geocities Abuse Admin;
  it will probably be shut down by next week. Whack-a-mole.

In general, mailing list systems should not allow non-members
  to send messages directly to the list. For Majordomo, just
  add "restrict_post = port-macppc" to this list's config file.
  http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/majordomo-faq.html#3.6

*****

ObBSD: After I bought bigger HDs for my two Macs, I left several
  GB blank on each one so I could install *BSD. I'm eager to start.

/NetBSD-1.5/macppc/INSTALL.html says to use Drive Setup 1.9.1
  or higher to format the partitions from MacOS. Is that a typo?
  http://asu.info.apple.com only has version 1.7.3.

Does the HFS(+) bootloader partition need to be brand new, or can
  I just throw ofwboot.xcf onto an existing non-system partition?
  And will the A/UX partitions be visible when I boot in MacOS?

Speaking of INSTALL.html, its W3C compliance level is atrocious.
  I did a bit of tweaking and ran it through Tidy. Would the port
  maintainers like to use my corrected copy?
--
Francis Uy, Web Coordinator http://www.jhu.edu/gifted/cde/ 410-516-0162