Subject: Fun with 1.4.3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Ivie <rivie@teraglobal.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2000 15:54:14
So, I'm trying to install 1.4.3 on a B&W G3. I've copied
netbsd.GENERIC_MD (which I downloaded from the binary/kernel
directory and gunzipped) to a ZIP disk. Booting from OF using
"boot zip:netbsd.GENERIC_MD" loads the kernel and starts
it running, but it can't load the RAM disk. it tells me:

> root on md0a dumps on md0b
> no file system for md0 (dev 0x900)
> cannot mount root, error=79
> root device (default md0a):

Since I haven't seen any complaints on the list, I presume
it's something I've done wrong, but I can't imagine what.

I've also tried the 11/25 snapshot (presumably 1.5H?), but
that doesn't load; OF tells me "load size=0 adler32=1"

And, of course, loading the install kernel from 1.5b2 gives
me "CLAIM failed".

The OF banner at power-on claims it's 1.1f4.
--
Roger Ivie
rivie@teraglobal.com