Subject: sane and scsi question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: jeff <jeff@omnia.praeclara.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/27/2000 14:45:26
Hi,
I'm trying to get sane running on a laptop connected via scsi to a umax
astra 1200s scanner.   I'm using 1.5B.
According to dmesg | more, my scanner is recognized:
ss0 at scsibus 0 target 5 lun 0:<umax, astra 1200s, v2.9> SCSI6/scanner
fixed
But when I try:
scanimage -V
or, scanimage --list-devices
I get absolutely no output.  No devices are found.
I looked through the documentation and I can't seem to find much on scsi,
setting up scsi, or scanning.
The sane faq says to try 'lsmod' but there is no ldmod (or insmod, for
that matter) in the pkgsrc.
I haven't altered /etc/fstab, and I don't know if that's something I need
to do, or how to do it.

Also, is there a generic scsi driver for netbsd/macppc?  What's it called?

Finally, is there a good resource on-line for finding all this scsi
info?  Where should I look?  I'll be happy to create a small
scsi/cdr/scanner faq for netbsd/macppc when I get this running.

Thanks for all the help.
Jeff

"Principium sapientiae silentium est."