Subject: root device question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: jeff <jhergan@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/24/2000 20:35:22
I'm soooo stupid...I think ;)

I installed 1.5b2 on a Powerbook G3/266 but I kept getting errors when I
tried to install software saying "can't fork...error 1".

I tried to do the "unlimit datasize" and even "sysctl -w
kern.maxproc=3000".  Neither fixed the problem.

So I reinstalled.  Well, that took about 6 hours before I realized that
I was using a bad floppy (I tried about 4 til one finally worked).  Then
I noticed that when I booted, it prompted for a root device.  I entered
'wd0' just like I had been doing before the install.

Then it dawned on me:  is that supposed to be 'wd0a' instead of wd0?
Could that be the cause of my errors?

Please say 'yes'.

Thanks,
jeff