Subject: Re: first boot probs
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: jeff <jhergan@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2000 19:18:48
I reinstalled via ftp this time from ftp.netbsd.org.  I installed 1.5b2
on a '98 G3 Powerbook 266 (internal hd install, ethernet, external scsi
cdr (matsushita/Panasonic cw7502) and a floppy drive in the left bay,
and a cdrom in the right.
The install goes perfectly, it seems.
Then I reboot into OF 2.0.1
Then 'boot'
>>NetBSD/macpps OpenFirmware Boot, revision 1.2
>>no active packages 2902128+237440 [100+105392_|

The last character in that message is the spinning cursor, which
freezes.
This is the exact same error I got on the first cdr install, then the
new/reburnt cdr install, and now on the ftp install.

Is this a known problem?
Should I be using a different version?  Which one?

Thanks for the help,
Sincerely
Jeff