Subject: first boot probs
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: jeff <jhergan@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2000 17:26:28
Hi,
I was having so many weird problems with the 1.4.2 release that I
switched to 1.5b2.
Maybe that wasn't such a good idea...anyway, the install goes
perfectly.  Nice work, guys.
So I rebooted after the install, got to OF (version 2.01...on a
Powerbook G3 266 from '98) and typed 'boot'.  It starts to boot, finds
the kernel and the cursor/line starts to spin.
But then the spinning cursor freezes and nothing happens.
I checked OF variables and they look right.  The same settings worked
for 1.4.2.
And since it gets to the kernel, I'm suspecting it's a kernel problem.
But the mdsums checked out...

I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
Oh.  I got the sets from the ftp.netbsd.org 1.5b2 directory.  I just
downloaded them all and burned them on an ISO disk (all caps in the
filenames, but the installer seemed to find them).  I didn't add any
extra kernels or anything to the disk.  And I used the boot.fs from the
1.5b2 directory too.  What am I doing wrong, or is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Jeff