Subject: Re: PB G3 with NetBSD and OS 9
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2000 14:25:04
On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 01:58:06PM -0600, Bob Nestor wrote:
> Christian Förster wrote:
>
> >chris> Is there any possibility to install NetBSD with Mac OS 9 on the same
> >chris> disk, without erasing the whole disk.
> >
> >Makoto> I belive by using disklabel (-e wd0) , you can do that, while
> >I am not Makoto> sure.(looks self-contradiction..)
> >
> >Did not work because vi is missing in the installer kernel :-(

> the utility for both PPC and Mac68k. I had a report from a 68k user this
> morning that he successfully used it to set up NetBSD partitions on his
> Quadra 650 that were recognized by sysinst and allowed him to complete
> his NetBSD installation.

What do we enter as the type of partition in pdisk? I'm on a ppc
here and looked thru the pdisk source, I found a UFS/FFS type but
no 4.2BSD ..

So I remapped one of my HFS partitions as UFS/FFS but the
1.5BETA2 sysinst didn't say it recognised it. sysinst wanted to
repartition my entire 19 Gigs.

cheers,
  c.

--