Subject: Re: Don't try this at home.
To: Jens Schmalzing <jens@tac.dk>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/06/2000 14:41:24
At 10:28 PM +0100 11/6/00, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Henry B. Hotz writes:
>
> > that could be due to my swapping a disk while I had the case open.
>
>How exactly do you swap a disk with the case closed?

Beam it in Scotty!!  ;-)

I'd be sure you meant that as a joke if it weren't for the country
code on your email and the non-english signature.  You can't remove
or install internal disk drives without opening the case.

I had a disk in there which was starting to cause problems.  Since I
had the case open to do all the other stuff, and since I had removed
all the dependences I knew of on that disk already, I decided to
remove the disk.

When the machine crashed on Netscape startup I remembered that there
could still be some Netscape preferences files that might still be on
that disk.  Not sure, but that's my current theory.  I'll try
downloading a new netscape tonite and see if I can fix it before my
wife kills me.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.