Subject: Re: OpenFirmware question: load-size=0
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2000 14:12:27
At 9:45 PM +0100 11/3/00, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>I got NetBSD net-booting. Now I just tried to boot from my MacOS CD
>(to reinstall it using less space on the hard disc), and get:

Should I make a snide comment about staying in NetBSD and why bother?
Maybe not since I switch back and forth too.

>--quote--
>0 > boot cd:  MAC-PARTS: LOAD (noninterposed) not
>supportedload-size=0 adler32=1
>

>LOAD-SIZE is too small
> ok
>0 >
>--end quote--
>
>where I typed `boot cd:' and the rest of the output was generated by
>OpenFirmware.

 From an OF perspective you never do boot MacOS, you just boot the
MacOS ROM.  The ROM in turn boots the real MacOS using the
MacOS-documented process.  What you want to do is either bye or
mac-boot depending on the OF version.

There should be a note printed at OF startup to tell you which to do.
You could also try restarting with the C key held down, but no
guarantees.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.