Subject: Re: How stable is NetBSD on the PPC (specifically G4)?
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/2000 11:54:39
At 11:02 AM -0800 11/1/00, David A. Gatwood wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> > I was not able to get ssh 1...30 to work, but the pkgsrc version at
> > 1...27 works fine.
>
>Why not just use OpenSSH?  It does ssh1 and ssh2 in the same program.
>Anyway, haven't tried it on BSD yet, but I'd like to hear people's
>comments.  I'm running it on most of my Linux boxes, and I might just try
>it on -mac68k on our ftp server one of these days.  Any problem reports?

At the time I had heard that it wasn't quite mature.  I have since
heard that the concerns are for non-*BSD systems.  Since I do Solaris
at work mostly and need to interoperate with MacOS I might still
prefer to just use one implementation, but it's probably fine.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.