Subject: RE: Stealth Serial Port
To: 'Tsubai Masanari' <tsubai@iri.co.jp>
From: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2000 16:47:34
I just installed a Stealth Serial Port in my G4 and
it runs fine via /dev/tty00 once the system is up.

in case anyone is interested, you'll need an adapter cable
to force the line into an rs-232 compatible mode.
I am using a "Apple to modem" cable from Cable Connections
part #MHM-8208, which goes 8 pin mini DIN to DB-25.
don't be fooled by the "Appler serial adapter" #MPA-801
from the same company, it goes 8 pin mini DIN to DB-9 but
appears to be useless. :)

I have not gotten the OF prompt over serial yet.
I tried 38400,8,N,1 (along with input-device and output-device scca)
but no go.  I do get occasional clutter.
can someone please recommend line settings?
also, I noticed in OF input-device-1 and output-device-1
are also set to scca (by default).  will that cause a conflict?
what are input-device-1, output-device-1 ?

regards,
	-cliff-