Subject: Re: Please proofread: revised install docs for OF 2.0.x
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/2000 18:36:27
Henry B. Hotz wrote:

>Well Bob Nestor believes that you should be able to boot NetBSD from
>a HFS CD-ROM inside the MacOS ROM (on OF 1.0.5!).  This is a bit of a
>stretch, but would coordinate with some port-mac68k booting work he
>is also doing.

Yeah, but there's a big gap between what I _think_ is possible and what
I, or others, be be capable of doing.   I think it's best to concentrate
on what's possible to do today.  If some systems require a floppy or
netboot because we can't boot them from CD today I think that's still a
giant step in the right direction.  Even having multiple CDs for various
flavors isn't all that bad.

How long have some of us been talking about booting NetBSD/mac68k without
the use of MacOS?  ;-)

-bob