Subject: Re: using sysinst after a diskless netboot
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/05/2000 20:32:04
>At 9:43 PM +0200 10/3/00, you wrote:
>
>:)PS: the kernel goes into reverse video halfway through the boot, after
>:)which the screen becomes pretty much unreadable on the powerbook. Is
>:)it possible to disable that?
>
>It shouldn't be unreadable.  AFAIK, to disable it, you need to compile a
>new kernel.  This is something called a "raster console" which uses
>graphics (akin to X11) to draw the console text, as opposed to using the
>Open Firmware text drawing tools.

i have noticed that my original wall street screen goes black
half-way thru the boot (it didn't do this with the GENERIC that came
with 1.4.2??) so far i have sent the console thru to TTYA to solve
the problem, tho i will try and find this option within the kernel at
some time tonight. are we disabling the raster (X11) here, or
disabling the OF drawing?

c.
--
charlie@rubberduck.com