Subject: Re: Thanks, was: 100BaseT Cards?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/28/2000 20:08:45
I tried several cards around last May,
and never did get one working quite right with 1.4.1 or 1.4.2.
I enclose an e-mail that I think was a nice summation of the
situation last May.

If you look in the archives for "10/100 ethernet cards - followup",
there's a fairly long thread.

I never tried 1.5.  I don't think it was available at the time.
Is there any guess about when this will release?  Would this be
a "reckless" thing for me to do on a production system?

-dgl-

At 3:25 PM -0500 9/28/00, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>That was fast.  I've got 2, maybe 3, cards that should work and
>confirmation that I can't just assume anything from port-i386 will
>work without effort.
>
>Cliff:  do any of your not-working cards overlap with the reported
>working ones?  It would be interesting to see if we can confirm your
>suspicion that the problem was in the PCI support code.  I'm looking
>at [78]500 machines myself.
>
>The last time I remember a report on the list someone had something
>*almost* working, but not quite.  I assume anything that works on
>port-i386 should be fixable with a minimum of effort, but it's nice
>to see I shouldn't have to resort to that.
>
>Thanks guys.  Also TIA to anyone who is yet to answer.
>
>Now for the comparison shopping part. . .
>
>Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
>signature design and approval process.
>h.b.hotz@jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz@oxy.edu

enclosed: